The main objective of this project is to develop solid and robust economic tools for assessing the economic losses due to coastal erosion in Vietnam and to measure the economic values that would be generated by various mitigation or adaptation measures. We will rely both on theoretical models of optimal management of beaches under erosion and empirical models allowing us to measure benefits derived from beaches.
The project “Impact of the beach erosion in Vietnam: Theoretical modelling and empirical methods (ECO-EROSION-VIET) is funded by the Vietnam National Foundation for Science and Technology Development (NAFOSTED). The project will start on July 1st 2017 for a duration of 2 years.
Project Main Task
Task 1: Coastal Erosion as a Dynamic Natural Resource Management Problem
- Task leader: Nguyen Manh Hung.
- Other members of the team involved in this task are: Cécile Aubert, Arnaud Reynaud, Michel Simioni, Mai Anh Dang Huynh and Do Thu Thuy
Task 2: Empirical Analysis of Coastal Erosion in Vietnam (Hoi-An)
- Task leaders are Tran Thang Long and Arnaud Reynaud.
- Other members of the team involved in this task are: Tran Quang Van, Cécile Aubert, Nguyen Manh Hung, Michel Simioni, Mai Anh Dang Huynh and Do Thi Thu Thuy.
Task 3: Policy Recommendations Regarding Coastal Erosion in Vietnam
- Task leaders are Tran Quang Van and Cécile Aubert.
- Other members of the team involved in this task are: Nguyen Manh Hung, Tran Thang Long, Arnaud Reynaud, Michel Simioni, Mai Anh Dang Huynh, Do Thu Thuy
- Reynaud A., M-H Nguyen and C. Aubert.“Is there a demand for flood insurance in Vietnam? Results from a choice experiment” Environmental Economics and Policy Studies. 10.1007/s10018-017-0207-4, 2017.