Van Phan, PhD
Van Phan has joined the University of the West of England, UK, as a researcher after finishing her PhD at University of Bath, UK, 2020. Her research interests focus primarily on labour economics integrated with gender/ethnicity issue, and development economics. She has been working in the ‘Wage and Employment Dynamics’ project, funded by the Administrative Data Research – UK. Her research has been funded by the United Nation University – World Institute for Development Economics Research (UNU-WIDER), and the Economic and Social Research Council (ESRC).
- Labour economics integrated with gender/ethnicity issue
- Development economics
PUBLICATION (Selected Papers)
- Phan, V., Singleton, C., Bryson, A., Forth, J., Ritchie, F., Stokes, L. and Whittard, W. (2022) Accounting for firms in ethnicity wage gaps throughout the earnings distribution. IZA Discussion Paper No. 15284 – (Manuscript submitted on the Journal of Human Resources).
- Do, Q. A., Phan, V., and Nguyen, T. (2022) How do local banks respond to natural disasters? The European Journal of Finance, 1-26.
- Phan, D. A., Dang, T. T. H, Do, X. H, Hoang, D., Espagne, E., Nguyen, M-H, Nguyen, T., Phan, V., and Pham, M. T. (2021) Effects of climate variability on households, individuals and firms. In Espagne, E. (Ed.), Climate change in Viet Nam; Impacts and adaptation. A COP26 assessment report of the GEMMES Viet Nam project. Paris. Agence Française de Développement.
- Mergoupis, T., Phan, V., and Sessions, J. G. (2018) Puzzle me this? The Vietnamese reverse gender education gap (No. 2018/116). WIDER Working Paper. Available from https://doi.org/10.35188/UNU-WIDER/2018/558-9
- Forth, J., Phan, V., Stokes, L. (2022). Longitudinal attrition in ASHE. http://www.wagedynamics.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/04/Longitudinal-attrition-in-ASHE-Version-1-13.04.22.pdf
- Stokes, L., Forth, J., Ritchie, F., Singleton, C., Phan, V., Bryson, A., Whittard, D., and McKenzie, A. (2022). Weighting for employer non-response in ASHE. http://www.wagedynamics.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/06/Note-on-ASHE-cross-sectional-weights-May2022-final2.pdf