Nguyen Lam-Dao, PhD
Dr Nguyen Lam-Dao received the Engineering degree in Geodesy from the Ho Chi Minh City University of Technology, Vietnam; M.E. degree in Remote sensing and GIS from Asian Institute of Technology (AIT), Thailand and PhD degree on radar remote sensing of vegetation at University of Southern Queensland (USQ), Australia in 2009. In 1990, he joined the Center for Space Physics and Remote Sensing Technology in Vietnam. His present position is senior researcher and Director of Ho Chi Minh City Space Technology Application Center (STAC) – Vietnam National Space Center (VNSC) – Vietnam Academy of Science and Technology (VAST). His research interests include experimental analysis and image processing toward applications. He was a research fellow at ESA ESTEC in the Netherland.
- Remote sensing applications in agriculture and forestry
- Emviroment and natural disaster
PUBLICATION (Selected Papers)
- Kei Oyoshi, Lal Samarakoon, Shin-chi Sobue, Sotheavy Meas, Men Sothy, Shoji Kimura, Rizatus Shofiyati, Tanita Suepa, Kanjana Koedkurang, Yootthapoom Potiracha, Sutinee Sihirunwong, Patiwet Chalearmpong, Panu Nuangjumnong, Damrongrit Niammuad, Soravis Supavetch, Phung Hoang-Phi, Nguyen Lam-Dao& Thuy Le Toan (2022). Rice Monitoring in Southeast Asia Using Earth Observation Satellite Data, Springer Book: Remote Sensing of Agriculture and Land Cover/Land Use Changes in South and Southeast Asian Countries, Pages 217-233
- Hironori Arai, Wataru Takeuchi, Kei Oyoshi, Lam Dao Nguyen, Tamon Fumoto, Kazuyuki Inubushi et al. (2022). Pixel-Based Evaluation of Rice Production and Related Greenhouse Gas Emissions in the Mekong Delta Integrating SAR Data and Ground Observations, Springer Book: Remote Sensing of Agriculture and Land Cover/Land Use Changes in South and Southeast Asian Countries, Pages 251-266.
- Phung Hoang-Phi, Nguyen Lam-Dao, Vu Nguyen-Van-Anh, Thanh Nguyen-Kim, Thuy Le Toan, Tien Pham-Duy (2022). Rice Growth StageMonitoring and Yield Estimation in the VietnameseMekong Delta Using Multi-temporal Sentinel-1 Data, Springer Book: Remote Sensing of Agriculture and Land Cover/Land Use Changes in South and Southeast Asian Countries, Pages 297-307.
- Hoang Phi Phung, Lam Dao Nguyen, Nguyen Van Anh Vu, Nguyen Kim Thanh and Le Van Trung (2022). Application of multi-temporal Sentinel-1 SAR data for yield estimation of rice crops in An Giang, Vietnam. IOP Conf. Series: Earth and Environmental Science 964 (2022) 012007. doi:10.1088/1755-1315/964/1/012007.
- T. Vu, N. V. A. Vu, H. P. Phung & L. D. Nguyen (2021): Enhanced urban functional land use map with free and open-source data, International Journal of Digital Earth, DOI:10.1080/17538947.2021.1970262.