Chon Le Van, PhD
Dr. Chon LE-VAN received his PhD in Economics at University of Georgia, USA and Master Degree of Economics of Development at University of Economics, Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam. Dr Chon used to be the Vice Dean of Ho Chi Minh Open University in 2012-2014. Since 2015, he has served as the Department Head and lecturer at International University, Vietnam National University. He also teaches Economics and Econometrics in multiple international master programs in Vietnam. Dr. Chon is the author and co-author of two books in Econometrics and Big Data and Modelling.
- Industrial Organisation
- Applied Econometrics
- Applied Microeconomics
- Economics of Climate Change
PUBLICATION (Selected Papers)
- Manh-Hung Nguyen, Chon Van Le, Minh-Bao Nguyen, Thu Ha Nguyen, Tien Viet Nguyen, Hong Xuan Do, and Etienne Espagne “A Resilient Energy System,” in Espagne, E. et al. (eds) Climate Change in Vietnam: Impacts and Adaptation. A COP26 assessment report of the GEMMES Vietnam Project, 2021, pp. 229-267. Paris. Agence Francaise de Developpement.
- Chon Van Le “A Comment on Hansen’s Risk of James-Stein and Lasso Shrinkage,” in Ngoc Thach N., Ha D.T., Trung N.D., Kreinovich V. (eds) Prediction and Causality in Econometrics and Related Topics, 2021, pp. 434-445. Springer, Cham (Scopus).
- Laxman Bokati, Vladik Kreinovich, and Chon Van Le “How to Explain the Anchoring Formula in Behavioral Economics,” in Ngoc Thach N., Ha D.T., Trung N.D., Kreinovich V. (eds) Prediction and Causality in Econometrics and Related Topics, 2021, pp. 28-34. Springer, Cham (Scopus).
- Hamza Alkhatib, Ingo Neumann, Vladik Kreinovich, and Chon Van Le “Why Lasso, EN, and CLOT: Invariance-based Explanation,” in Ngoc Thach N., Kreinovich V., Trung N.D. (eds) Data Science for Financial Econometrics, 2020, pp. 37-50. Springer, Cham (Scopus).